The following are recommendation from the Ohio Department of Health in dealing with the Coronavirus COVID-19
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces each day.
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Avoid visiting nurse homes -- and if you are sick, do NOT visit nursing homes.
- If you have an older person in your home or someone with compromised health, such as asthma, understand the biggest threat to them may be someone bringing a virus into the home.
Additonal information can be found at www.coronavirus.ohio.gov. If you have questions, call the Department of Health hotline at 1-833-4ASK-ODH